Materials: (1) Tape measure
- The patients stand on the leg to be tested, hop three times, and land on the same limb as far as possible
- The distance hopped, measured at the level of the great toe, is measured and recorded to the nearest centimeter from a standard tape measure that is permanently affixed to the floor.
|Kivlan et al., 2013||Female Dancers with and without Hip Dysfunction||Test-retest reliability||0.96|
|Study||Population||Study Design||Distance (cm)||MDC (cm)||SEM (cm)|
|Hardesty et al., 2017||Asymptomatic Collegiate Female Basketball Players (Age= 20.0)||Cross-sectional||L: 388.3, R: 370.8||–||–|
|Asymptomatic Collegiate Female Soccer Players (Age= 19.2)||L: 407.5, R: 398.2||–||–|
|Kivlan et al., 2016||Female Dancers with Femoroacetabular Impingement||Quasi-experimental, cohort comparison||354.0||–||–|
|Female Dancers without Femoroacetabular Impingement||410.0||–||–|
|Kivlan et al., 2013||Female Dancers with Hip Dysfunction (Involved Limb)||Quasi-experimental, repeated measures||370.2||20.8||7.51|
|Female Dancers without Hip Dysfunction (Non-Involved Limb)||388.1||20.8||7.51|
1. Hardesty K, Hegedus EJ, Ford KR, Nguyen A-D, Taylor JB. Determination of Clinically Relevant Differences in Frontal Plane Hop Tests in Women’s Collegiate Basketball and Soccer Players. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy. 2017; 12(2): 182-189.
2. Kivlan BR, Carcia CR, Christoforetti JJ. Comparison of Range of Motion, Strength, and Hop Test Performance of Dancers with and without a Clinical Diagnosis of Femoroacetabular Impingement. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy. 2016; 11(4): 527-535.
3. Kivlan BR, Carcia CR, Clemente FR, Phelps AL, Martin RL. Reliability and validity of functional performance tests in dancers with hip dysfunction. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy. 2013; 8(4): 360-369.